It’s not possible to imagine life without electrical power these days. What will you do without your phone? What about your camera? These concerns heighten when you are on a camping trip with your friends and family. Be it for a night or a weekend, you cannot simply think of your life without power.
This brings you to address this concern by buying the best battery pack for backpacking! But there are thousands out there. Each company claims that their product is better than the rest. Naturally, you have a lot of choices, and a lot of choice leads to a lot of confusion. To that end, we are here with a list of things that you need to go through.
In this article, we will the consideration points for buying a battery pack, its pros, and cons and finally a list of handpicked products (discussed in detail) so that you can make an informed decision. So, power up!
Reviews of the Best Battery Pack For Backpacking
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
The Top 11 Best Battery Pack For Backpacking Reviews
Now that you know all that you have to consider before buying these, let’s get on the best products that you can consider:
This is a one-stop power charging solution that makes life easy for every individual. The HyperAir technology of this brand makes this power bank the leader in wireless charging. The power bank features an easy to read LED-powered light and once charged this power bank, can retain charge for 11 days! The power bank is powered by an amazing 32000mAh capacity battery that allows one to charge a plethora of devices. Now you can play your video games all day, any time from anywhere.
Finally, the power bank is well designed and is quite compact capable of charging any device that can be charged through a USB port.
- Powered by a 32000mAh battery that charges all types of phones
- Comes with trio-charging that allows user to charge three devices at once
- Charges in half time with either a DC 5V/2.4A AC charger or DC 5V/2A
- Built-in li-polymer battery does not allow over-charging
- Smart LED indicator included
- Does not take a long time to self-charge
- Powerful battery life
- Can charge multiple devices
- Not ideal for light travel
- Lacks a 3A USB-C port
- Blue lights do not go out when charged fully
Though this power bank does not weigh a lot, it is very powerful and can charge all sorts of phones and gadgets in no time. The power IQ and the VoltageBoost of the product come together to deliver the fastest charge possible. However, it does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge.
The power bank itself takes 10 hours to self-charge with a 2 amp charger. With a phone charger, however, it takes around 20 hours. All its power-packed features make it a must-buy!
- Has a seven-day charge capacity
- A portable charger that comes in a pocket-friendly size
- Provide quick universal charging
- Has a dual-device output facility
- Charge of the power bank lasts for days
- Charges laptop very quickly
- Ideal for backpacking
- Can overheat Android devicesc
- Comes with a poor quality cable
- Battery life becomes weak with multiple uses
The RAVPower Portable Charger 20000mAh makes traveling easy and worry-free. Powered with its 20000mAh portable battery, this charger has a 74Wh rating. This can be easily packed in the carry bag or the cabin luggage without any security concerns.
This particular model comes with the state of the art technology- Power Delivery. It s compatible with all C-type devices and also supports Qualcomm Quick Charge. iPhone running out of charge? You can power it up almost to 50 percent in less than 30 minutes with this power bank
No more waiting for your laptop to comes to life. This power bank, using a 2A or 2.4A adapter cuts the time to half and speeds up the recharge time to 5-6 hours. Finally, the design of the product is quite thoughtful. It has curved edges. Additionally, to cut the tangle of the wires, all the ports are grouped in one place.
- Once charged, this power bank can retain charge for days
- The LED indicator displays available power
- Ideal for all C-type devices including tablets, laptops, and smartphones.
- A portable charger that comes with multiple cables
- A well made power bank that charges quickly
- The digital display shows the amount of charge left and is ideal to keep a track of the same
- Can charge all sorts of devices
- Quite heavy. Not deal for trekking or backpacking
- Charging the power bank takes longer than advertised
- The power bank also stops midway while charging. It has to be restarted again
This battery comes with a 209 latest design that houses a powerful 25800mAh battery. The battery itself is supremely intelligent powered with IC higher quality which is safer and more reliable than most power banks in the market.
The power bank can charge all sorts of devices including iPhone, AirPods, Samsung Galaxy, and small cell devices along with other devices. Additionally, it comes with a dual USB charging facility that makes way for fast charging for two devices at the same time.
The four LED lights that come with the power bank shows the remaining charge left in the power bank so that the user faces no surprises.
- Powered with 25800mAh battery
- Compatible with all sorts of devices
- Dual USB ports which charge two devices super fast
- Comes with four LED lights
- Sturdy and well-built power bank
- Bright LED lights
- Sleek and lightweight
- Plastic housing for battery protection
- Takes a long time to charge itself
- Can only charge two devices at once
BLAVOR has always been keen on wireless solar charging gadgets. To that end, the Solar Power Bank of this company is simply amazing. This particular power bank comes with dual flashlights! The product is easy to use, convenient, and ideal for camping and can also be used as an emergency light. Additionally, the product is IPX4 splashproof, shockproof, durable, and dustproof and is ideal for outdoor use.
Powered with Qi-technology, this wireless product has got no scope to tangle and thus makes life for the user easy and smooth. The power bank itself takes 6 hours to charge with a 5V/2A adapter. Fully charged, this power bank can charge all types of phones and other devices.
- Powered with Qi WIRELESS & SOLAR POWER
- Does not take much time to charge
- Sturdy, well made and portable
- Comes in a non-slip rugged covering
- Ideal for bikers and hikers
- Includes compass and flashlight
- Very slow to slow charge
- Solar features do not work
The 25800mAh battery can charged phones at least 5-7 times. The bank is ideal for business, travel, outing, or any other form of travel. The portable charger comes with two ports and 3.1A output. The two ports are in combination as 5V / 2.1A and 5V / 1A output.
The Dual USB charging allows one to quickly charge the phone and still have enough charge left fo other devices.
The polymer lithium battery is provided with strong protection cover to extend the shelf life of this product. The built-in security feature of the power bank protects all the devices against overheating, excessive power, and of course overcharging.
The power bank is suitable for all types of phones in addition to tablets and laptops.
- 25800mAh capacity battery which is better than any other power bank in the market
- Charges up to 7 times. Ideal for all iPhones
- Comes with one 5V/1A output port and one 5V/2.1A port that allows to device charging
- 4 LED included to show remaining power
- Safe and advanced technology included
- Provides fast charging to all devices
- Quite lightweight. Ideal for backpacking and other sorts of travel
- Well-made, sleek and compact design
- The 25800mAh.power is not as advertised
- The input quality is only 14500mAh
- Ports get hot while charging at times
This 20000mAh is easy to travel with since it’s easy to carry and can power up multiple devices. The power bank can be used to share power through dual 3A outputs. However, for better results, its ideal to charge up to two devices at a time. The product has been designed to work with all sorts of USB ports including smartwatches and AirPods.
The 12-layer SmartProtect safety feature combines the power of the strongest anti-impact casting that is build to backup the most durable and the safest charger. The outpace can charge up to 1.4 times faster than the UPower+ Technology
Finally, once charged the unit can retain the charge for 7 long days.
- Made with high-quality material
- Digital display clock shows the remaining charge
- Uses a better technology than UPower+ Technology.
- Retains charge for seven log days
- Can also function as a handy flashlight
- The premium quality battery pack in terms of both capacity and speed
- Can charge iPhones real quick
- Very durable product
- Quite heavy and large, not ideal for backpackingc
- Charge cord is very small
- The digital display may not be accurate all the time
Powered with a 26800mAh battery, this power bank performs in high capacity and can charge any smartphone almost 6 times over and tablets around two times over. Its powerful features make this battery pack suitable for any form of travel, be it for business or just a casual outing.
The battery comes with two output units 5 V / 2.1 A and 5 V / 1A that can charge two devices simultaneously. Additionally, there are four LED lights to indicate the amount of charge left in the device. The device is ultra-smart as it can identify and change the charging current depending on the type of device being charged.
- One year warranty
- Compatible with all smartphone and tablet brands
- Super safe power bank
- Provides high-speed charging
- Powerful battery
- Affordable pricing for the quality provided
- Power lasts for a long time
- Well built and easy to handle
- Heavy charging unit
- Takes a long time to charge itself
- Takes time to charge devices
This power charger features a special dual design which makes it easy to use outdoors. It comes with a hook and a carabiner. Thus it can be attached to the backpack while camping so that it can recharge itself in the direct sunlight. Made out of ABS+PC+Silicone material this solar phone charger has a compass and two bright LED lights.
The power unit is compatible with multiple devices tablets and other USB devices. It features more than 900 recharge lives. The product features a dual USB which makes it easy to charge two devices at the same time. The two lights provides can function as flashlights and LED strobe. The five-point indicator shows the status of the battery.
- Premium quality solar panel charger
- Can be used to charge multiple devices
- Features a dual USB to charge two devices at the same time
- Greenlight to indicate charging through solar power. Blue light to indicate USB charge
- Solar charge performs well
- Leight weight power unit.
- Ideal for travel. Portable unit, convenient to use outdoors
- Does not hold charge for long
- Solar charging takes days
- May not be compatible with some iPhone models
The unit has a 25000mAh capacity. It consists of Li-polymer cells as big as that of iPhone 8Plus. The unit can charge phones 10 tines and tablets for over 3-4 times. The unit contains four solar panels and its solar power is 5W which charges the phone quickly while it charges itself using solar power.
The panel has a 2.1A Dual USB which is controlled by intelligent IC and is compatible with various devices. It can charge a phone and tablet quickly. It usually takes around 1.5 hours to fully charge devices using this power unit.
The unit comes with super bright LED lights along with dust, water, and shock proofing that lasts for 5 years thereby meeting the various electrical needs during travel.
- Ideal for travel and camping
- Comes with shock, dust, and waterproofing facility
- 2.1A Dual USB can charge two devices at once
- Four solar panels included
- The battery lasts for 24 hours after a single charge
- Charges amazingly well through solar energy
- Can retain charge for a long time
- Bulkier than other chargers
- Solar charging takes a lot of time
- Adhesive around the solar panel starts to come off after the unit s left n the sun to charge
The 26800mAh battery can be charged within 7-8 hours using the 5V/3.0A USB port. Solar charging keeps the devices powered up even during emergencies. Even though the unit is very powerful and can charge a lot of devices, its design has been kept simple and compact. Thus, it is very easy to carry the mobile in the pocket, bag, or even in the palms.
The battery bank of 99Wh is lesser than the 100Wh, which is restricted in flights. Thus this power bank is ideal to travel with even on the flight! The power bank comes with 3 USB ports which allow one to share the devices amongst friends. The best part is that the battery unit can be used in wet places as well, since its waterproof. But it must not come in touch with water directly.
- A wireless portable charger that supports all QI-enabled phones
- Powered with a 26800mAh battery
- Can fast charge four devices at once
- Charges 2.5 times faster
- Comes with a strong 3A In and 3A output unit
- Lightweight solar-powered unit
- Feature loaded power bank
- Instructions not user-friendly
- Takes a lot of time to charge
- The battery drains quickly
Things To Consider Before Buying Battery Pack For Backpacking
A battery pack has to be worth enough to power your devices. To that end, you need to look into a few specs. Below is the list of the most important features that you must consider.
All compact battery packs are measured in mAh, i.e. milliamp hours. It’s the mAh that will determine how much power your phone or camera will get when you put your device down for a charge.
This is where the manufacturer’s specification comes in. As a rule of thumb, anything below 10000mAh will give around 3 hours of charge to a standard smartphone. Similarly, a 20000mAh+ battery pack provides 6-10 hours of charge.
Input and Output Charging:
The equation is very simple in this case. The faster the battery pack’s input and output rates quicker will be your device charged. At one end there is 1A, that is the lowest rate possible. The quick charge facility is on the other end of the spectrum. Generally, manufacturers list out the input and output charging rates right on the product description pages. Though capacity might vary in performance, these tend to be very accurate and precise.
Size of The Unit:
The size of the battery pack is also important. As the capacity and the number of chargers per unit increase, the battery unit gets bulkier. However, the size of the battery pack may not matter much if the camping trip is near the house, or if it’s a car camping. But it does become an important consideration point if you are into hiking.
To that end, backpackers who travel throughout the country must consider every ounce of the size. If the battery pack gets bulky, it is sure to affect their total backpack weight.
The number of charging ports you will require in the battery pack will depend on the number of devices that will be set down for charging. Naturally, if the entire family is to use the pack for charging their devices, it will require multiple ports. However, the newer versions of battery packs are now powered by rapid charging ports for the devices and also the same for the battery itself. To that end, if you have a turbocharging smartphone, you have to ensure, that the output unit of your battery pack is capable of handling the same. Make sure each of the ports is rated for the devices that you are using.
Generally, most USB ports have a maximum power output. This implies that if more than two or three devices are plugged into a battery pack at a time, then the charging speed will reduce for the devices alike.
There are also battery packs available that are capable of charging a laptop, but these are too large and heavy, and definitely not ideal to be taken on a backpacking trip.
Most battery packs these days are powered with heavy, dense and state of the art battery. These provide amazing charging to small packages. However, these battery packs are often very heavy, thus before you make the purchase, check the weight specified by the manufacturer. As a rule o thumb, high capacity chargers always weigh more
However, the weight of the unit does not concern those camping in the car or only using the unit when they move out of the van. In fact, if that is how you plan to camp, do opt for the heavyweight once since they provide a lot of charging quickly.
The type of power your battery pack uses is an important consideration point. Solar-powered batteries are very much in vogue right now. However, they might not be effective in every location. In some places, battery power is more required.
The best way to decide on the power type is by considering the climate you will be hiking in. If your backpacking involves a lot of time under the sunlight, and if there is ample of the same in the place you are visiting, a solar-powered battery pack is ideal for you. If not, opting for a chemical charger is a good idea.
It is also a good idea to consider thermal devices. These devices can be ideal if there is any plan of cooking or relaxing near the campfire. These types of battery packs can turn the heat from the fire to battery power. Additionally, they help in cooking as well!
Pros of Getting a Battery Pack:
Why get a battery pack? There are some reasons to consider buying these:
If you are able to charge your phone then you have full potential! If your phone is handy, you can take care of different situations. Be it call for help in case of an emergency, use your camera, maps, notepad, recorder, calculate your expense, and do so much more! However, without your phone, in an unknown location can be very anxious. This can be dealt with an ideal battery charger.
Though people may think, Wifi or cell phone reception plays a role is running the GPS, then you need to rethink. Even if you are far away from cellphone reception, and can’t even make an emergency call, your GPS will still be active provided you have a charge on your phone. All you need to do is download the map of your area and keep it in the fingertips. But without an effective battery pack, such a facility cannot be provided.
Not Only for Phones:
Your cell phone is not the only thing that needs charging. What about your camera? If its a photo camping tour, not having your camera charged can be devastating! Additionally, essential items like water purification gadgets, headlamps, headphones, and watches might also need charging. Thus a battery pack is an essential item for any camping trip.
If its a hike or walking then traveling lightweight is essential. A battery pack poses a hindrance, in that case, owing to its weight. One might be greatly tempted to leave it back home for the same reason.
Getting power is not easy. Even if you opt for a solar-powered battery pack, you will have to set it up in direct sunlight and leave it there for it to charge for several hours! If its a hand turbine battery pack then one will have to really work their arms to charge the pack.
FAQS – Battery Pack For Backpacking
Having a strong power unit while traveling outdoor is essential. Our phones are not only used to call people but have a lot of features likes GPS ns Maps. These features come in handy while traveling outdoor. However, all goes into vain if the phone dies on you. Thus select a power bank that best suits your need and power on!