Going outdoors is not just fun, it is required. The digital boom is taking a toll on our lives and one of the ways to reconnect with oneself is by going outdoors and involving in activities like backpacking, hiking, hunting and camping.
Needless to say, it is great outside, nature, the freshness, the cool breeze, all is hunky-dory till you work up a sweat. Combine that with dust and muck and soon you become a smelly skunk. Now, that is not on the menu, right?
However, up in the mountains near a camping site, a bathroom is a distant dream. Access to water in such places is limited unless you have a mountain river nearby. However, smelling like a dead animal is still not an option. Under such circumstances, you ought to get a little creative, and body wipes can help you to that end.
Body wipes can help you get rid of odour, smell, grim and muck all at once without the need of taking a shower. These are similar to the face wipes that we are used to. All you have to do is drag out one of the pre-moisturised wipes from the pack and get scrubbing. Each wipe is capable of offering a full body cleanse and leaves the skin smelling fresh. As an add-on, these are completely environmentally friendly! Now that’s a win-win.
Reviews of the Best Body Wipes For Camping
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Table of Contents
- 1 Reviews of the Best Body Wipes For Camping
- 2 The Top 12 Best Body Wipes For Camping Reviews:
- 2.1 1. Surviveware Biodegradable Wet Wipes For Rinse Free Shower
- 2.2 2. DUDE Shower Body Wet Wipes – With Unscented Soothing Aloe and Hypoallergenic
- 2.3 3. Combat Wipes Active Outdoor Wet Wipes With Natural Aloe and Vitamin E
- 2.4 4. Alcala Deodorizing Body Wipes 100% Pure Bamboo with Tea Tree Oil
- 2.5 5. Premium Formulations Shower Solutions – Adult Bathing Wipes
- 2.6 6. Nurture No Rinse Bathing Wipes With Aloe Vera and Vitamin E
- 2.7 7. HyperGo Full Body Unscented Cleansing Wipes
- 2.8 8. Biodegradable Cleansing Body Wipes With Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera
- 2.9 9. Care Touch Body Wet Wipes with Cleansing and Deodorizing Solution
- 2.10 10. New The Body Wipe by ShowerPill
- 2.11 11. Pure Active Shower Body Cleansing Wipes
- 2.12 12. DRMTLGY Body and Face Shower Wipes for Women and Men
- 3 Things To Consider Before Buying Body Wipes:
- 4 Benefits of Body Wipes:
- 5 Other Uses of Wipes:
- 6 Safety tips to follow while using wipes:
- 7 FAQ: Body Wipes For Camping
- 8 Final Verdict:
The Top 12 Best Body Wipes For Camping Reviews:
A nice refreshing body wipe is all you need to get out of any smelly situation and to help you be confident. However, since there are so many products in the market, choosing one that provides you with all the benefits is difficult. To that end, here are the best body wipes that you can consider keeping in mind.This is the wipe to opt for if you are concerned about your hygiene during camping and hiking. Surviveware was established by hikers and thus it covers the immediate needs for those involved in such challenging outdoor activities. These are excellent wipes for hiking, camping and are sure to keep the users fresh and healthy. The wipes have been developed to suit the needs of all skin types. The gentle and mild recipe can be used by anyone. It is soft on the skin but can get rid of the dirt in no time. All, in all, with this wipe in your backpack, there is nothing to worry about.
- Unscented wipes, making it ideal for men
- Best posterior pampering
- Biodegradable wipes. The wipes start to degrade in 28 hours.
- Large wipes
- Can be used for multiple things
- Heavy-duty wipes
- Enough wipes to last 7 days outdoor trips
- Ideal for full-body cleansing
- Aloe and Vitamin E stays on the skin making it sticky
- Very thin wipes
- The opening to get the wipes out is too small and takes time to access
As the name suggests, the target customers of these body wipes are the men involved in heavy outdoor activities like camping, hiking, biking and such. While enjoying the fun and adventure of outdoor activities, it is always not possible to stop for a clean shower. Honestly, one may not even find places to take a decent shower. In times like these, this body wipe can come in handy. The non-scented large wipes are enough to take out the gunk, muck and dirt off the men thereby keeping them fresh without the unnecessary flowery smell.
- Ideal for travel and workout
- Quite large and thick wipes
- These wipes are sustainable and environmental friendly since they are produced using solar energy
- Does not leave a soapy residue on the skin
- Moderately sized thick wipes
- One wipe is enough for a whole body to cleanse
- Wipes have a lot of cleaning fluid
- Not big enough for shower replacement
- Does not take away the body odour
- Is a bit dry
As the name suggests, these wipes are sure to keep you battle-ready, and why not? These have been developed by soldiers who know what it is like to be involved in heavy-duty activities. Unlike regular wipes that tear and shed with rough use, these wipes are tough and quite thick. The wipes are textured in a way and are meant for thorough cleaning. Unlike other synthetic wipes available in the market, these wipes are absolutely biodegradable. Finally, it’s a completely vegan product so you can use it without any guilt.
- Convenient packing
- Smooth and gentle on the skin
- Risk-free product
- Lightly scented
- Does not cause skin irritation
- Maintains moisture content even after the package has been opened
- Thin wipes
While most wipes in the market are made from cotton, this wipe takes a leap forward as it has been made using pure bamboo viscose that offers maximum moisture retention and provides a truly refreshing experience. Only one wipe is required for a nice, smooth cleanse to substitute showering while outdoors. The wipes are thick and rough to withstand tugging and do not break easily.
- Designed in the USA
- Extra-large thick wipes
- Adult sized wipes for comfort
- Enriched with natural ingredients like chamomile, aloe vera, and tea tree extract
- Individually wrapped wipes that stay moist
- Pleasantly scented
- Ideal to be used in hot places
- Not ideal for female private parts
- Not very moist
- A strong smell of tea-tree oil
These extra-large wipes help individuals take care of their showering needs. Be it for outdoor activities or for indoor emergency cleaning, this product always comes handy as it is big, convenient to use, soft and cleanses thoroughly. Additionally, it’s possible to heat it up in a micro oven for extra comfort as and when required. Premium quality aloe vera wipe can help you take care of your hygiene and health in no time.
- Large wipes
- Rinse free bath wipes
- Contains aloe vera and other moisturizing components
- Warms up easily
- Very soft and lightly scented product
- Just the right amount of moisture
- Does not leave a sticky residue on the skin
- The powdery and feminine scent
- Not ideal for sensitive skin
If you are using these wipes to clean yourself on your outdoor trip, you will require no water for a final rinse. These wipes are sort of an one-man army and can clean off gunk and muck almost immediately. The wipes are pH balanced and alcohol-free. One wipe provides the required freshness and is enriched with the properties and moisturising effects of aloe vera and Vitamin E.
- Hassle-free bathing cloths
- Ideal for hiking camping, and other outdoor activities
- Soothing aloe vera and vitamin E properties
- Alcohol-free washcloths
- Makes skin soft
- Wipes are quite large
- Thin non-sticky wipes
- Dry wipes
- Smells of alcohol
- Very thin material
This particular product has been developed for athletes by athletes. However, soon it came to be realised that these wipes are ideal for anyone who needs a quick cleansing on the go. These wipes are best for campers, hikers, bikers and for athletes involved in other outdoor activities. Even if you are on a long flight, or use the public transport to reach your office, these wipes can be your best friend. These wipes are hard on dirt and grim, at the same time very gentle on most skin types.
- Ideal on-the-go cleaning
- 112” x 12” wipes, only one required for cleaning
- These wipes are hypoallergenic, made from biodegradable, material, free from sulphate, paraben, alcohol and any fragrance
- Made from all-natural products
- Strong large wipes
- Cleans without drying skin
- Leaves no residue on the skin
- One wipe is not enough for thorough cleaning
- Could do with a little more moisture
- Doesn’t provide the super-clean feeling
These wipes can keep individuals clean for days even if they do not shower. These wipes are large, soft and made from 100 percent biodegradable bamboo fibres that are absolutely tough in the face of any cleaning job. A combination of aloe vera and tea tree oil fights the odour causing bacteria keeping the users fresh and their skin hydrated. These are the ideal cool and refreshing wipes which must find a way in your bag if you travel outdoors.
- On-the-go wipes
- pH balanced and gentle on skin
- 100 percent biodegradable
- Travel-friendly wipes
- Fresh and clean wipes but not overly perfumed
- Cool and refreshing
- These split evenly
- Quite thin
- Seal on the package is not effective
- Wipes dry out if not sealed properly
Going on a trip to your favourite hiker’s point, well do not forget to pack these wipes if you do not want to spend a stinky sticky tour! Enriched with aloe vera, these wipes are sure to keep you squeaky clean and moisturized. The best part of the product is the resealable package which keeps the wipes wet, fresh and moisturized.
- Enriched with aloe vera, hypoallergenic, latex-free
- Resealable wipes
- Safe to microwave these to warm them up
- Ideal bathing alternative
- Ideal for travel
- Easy to use in restroom stalls
- Flushed without worry
- Thick wipes with no smell
- Deodorizing does not work
- Sheets do not contain a lot of moisture
These thick durable wipes that provide the after-freshness of a shower anytime anywhere. Made by athletes, these wipes can be used to get rid of dirt and sweat while being gentle on the skin at the same time. The wipes are individually wrapped which makes it quite easy to transport them from one place to another.
- Ideal for athletes, office goers, entertainers
- Enriched with Vitamin E and aloe vera gel
- Individually wrapped wipes
- Extra thick and durable wipes
- The smell is very fresh
- Large thick wipes
- Does not leave any residue on the skin
- Very thick cloths
- Ideal for post-workout cleaning, travelling, rides
- Hypoallergenic, paraben and alcohol-free wipes powered with vitamin E
- Individually packaged wipes
- The very subtle smell when wipes dry on the skin
- Does not create the sweat plus perfume smell
- Strong wipes with a mild smell
- Very masculine smell
- Some of the wipes are very dry
- Less moisturising wipes
These wipes provide the same feeling of washing oneself with soap and water. All you need is one deodorant wipe to clean yourself. Just one wipe for all the uncomfortable situations!
- Eco-friendly vegan wipes
- Smells refreshing
- Cleaning on the go made possible
- Dispense one wipe at a time
- Durable wipes
- Leaves no sticky residue or dryness after wiping
- Hypoallergenic, alcohol-free, paraded wipes
- Seal on the pack is not well designed
- Difficult to pull out a single wipe from the package
Things To Consider Before Buying Body Wipes:
Having a pack of body wipes is especially crucial during the summer months to help you stay clean and smelling fresh. However, how do you know which is the best wipe for this purpose? There are many available in the market, and you want to buy an ideal one which guarantees you freshness and comfort. To that end, here are a few things that you need to look into:
While buying body wipes make sure to check the ingredients list. There are many manufacturers out there who claim that their wipes are made of all-natural material. However, many a time, that is not the case. Often harsh chemicals are found in these wipes which can cause some serious damage to the skin. Thus, opt for all-natural products. Mostly these wipes contain an essential oil that nourishes the skin. It’s advisable to avoid wipes that contain glycerin, acetate and alcohol.
Though there are many who prefer scented products, a lot of people do not like fragrant wipes. So, if you are one belonging to the second category before you make your purchase ensure that your wipe is unscented. Though scented wipes add an extra boost to the freshness, they can cause discomfort and irritation to those with sensitive skin.
Though many people do not know about this, durability is an important factor to consider while buying body wipes. You do not want the wipe to tear away after you have wiped just one hand maybe. Such wipes have to be used, again and again, to get the desired results and that is disturbing. Plus you will have to buy new packs frequently as well as increasing your allotted budget for body wipes. To avoid this, choose a reliable brand that does not tear easily.
As mentioned earlier, wipes made with cellulose fibers degenerate easily in water while others don’t. The later types of wipes tend to clog the plumbing and sewage system which is an added menace. To get the best outcome, always select wipes that are easy to flush. However, these can create a problem in areas where you do not have access to water.
Benefits of Body Wipes:
Of course, these are great for places you do not have access to water, but is that the only reason to use these? Maybe not. Listed below are the top reasons that make body wipes so popular.
Convenient to use:
Convenience is one of the reasons that back the popularity of body wipes. Since these were introduced back in 1960, these products are being sold by various brands and are very commonly available in grocery stores and other daily requirement shops. However, do not be under the impression that these are only to be used for hardcore activities. Our lifestyle has changed, demands at work, home, the family have gone through modification, and under such circumstances having these wet magic cloths handy is essential.
This quick equivalent to shower fits in your purse quite easily and comes in handy for both men and women. No matter what the situation is, you can always pull out one wipe and take care of any smelly situation.
In addition to convenience, body wipes are easy to use as well. One does not need to follow any instruction while using these. Just remove a wipe, wipe yourself and dispose of it. No rinsing, washing or reusing the wipe is necessary.
Talking from the environmental perspective, body wipes do not give rise to any environmental damage since they break down easily. However, sometimes flushable wipes create havoc in the sewer system, especially when they are not made from cellulose fibres.
Antibacterial body wipes:
This especially goes out to the germaphobes all around. If you are wiping yourself with anti-bacterial baby wipes, you do not have to worry about germs. As we were taught in our childhood days, touching public areas that have been touched by other people run a great risk of transferring germ related disease. Imagine touching a sticky railing in a public place. In addition to being gross, this opens up an infinite number of possibilities for counteracting any disease. In times like these, an antibacterial wipe can be ideal. All you need to do is pull one out of your bag and wipe yourself clean with it.
While working in the office during summer, have you ever felt the need to freshen yourself up? Or maybe after you have taken the public commute? This is especially important if you have a gathering to attend after office hours. Ideally, you would want to take a shower, but since you cannot in the office, the best you can do is clean yourself with a wipe. This is the best way you can get rid of sweat, dust and unpleasant odour.
Exfoliating wipes are not face cleaning wipes. Though both of these are designed to clean the skin, exfoliating wipes are required for removing dead skin, cells and dirt from the body. If you have not heard about exfoliation before, these are soft granules that rub against the skin and scrub out the muck. If you are using a good exfoliation wipe it can go a long way to unclog your pores, thereby helping your skin to breath.
Other Uses of Wipes:
Ideal For Removing Makeup
Though most beauty enthusiasts are not aware, wipes act as a great makeup remover, especially for eye makeup. If one is pressed for time, these wipes can be used to dissolve the makeup easily. Not only are they gentle on sensitive skin, but they are cost-effective as well.
Wiping the dust off your plants? Next time use wipes to do the trick. Not only do they clean the plants properly, but they also leave it shiny and glowing.
Stain removers are pretty expensive and you may not have the money to buy one right now. But that’s’ alright. You can get the job done for a cheaper price with body wipes. Wipes are great for removing all kinds of stains, drawing on walls, coffee spills on your shirt and much more.
Toilet Paper Substitute
There are many embarrassing situations in life, and one is the challenge of running out of toilet paper. However, with a few wipes handy that is not a problem at all!
Degreasing Frying Pans
Small cooking hacks are a lifesaver. In that light, did you know that wipes are great for degreasing your cookware? So the next time you put your frying pan in the sink, try degreasing it with a wipe first for better results.
Get Off Deodorant Marks
Does your deodorant leave marks on your clothes? That white residue in the pit area looks awful and embarrassing. But now you can use a body wipe to remove them with ease.
Hand Car Cleaning
Keeping a few wipes handy in the car is a good idea in case you have to take care of petrol spillage or clean off some goop from your windscreen
Safety tips to follow while using wipes:
- Use wipe only on unbroken skin. Give your skin time to dry out after you have used a moist wipe
- Use wipes for the purpose they are intended for. Most wipes offer instructions for use and it’s important to adhere to those. In that light, some wipes require rinsing after use. If you are not open to that option, make sure you stay away from such products
- Seal the container which stores the wipes to prevent it from drying
- Throw away all used wipes to avoid the transmission of bacteria
- Store your wipes properly to keep them moist
- Always looks at the compounds used in the wipes. This especially goes to people with sensitive skin. Such individuals must always use organic wipes
- Know about the latest products hitting the shelves. Its advisable to check the FDA list now and then check out the recent additions
FAQ: Body Wipes For Camping
What are the best body wipes for camping?
DRMTLGY Body and Face Shower Wipes for Women and Men are the perfect body wipes for camping and all other outdoor activities. There are not many wipes in the market suitable for people with sensitive skin. This product is vegan, free of alcohol and hypoallergenic. Lack of these compounds makes it ideal to be used by everyone.
Can I use baby wipes instead of showering?
Yes, it can be used. However, since baby wipes are not meant for adult usage they are not that big like daily wipe cloth. Thus, a new wipe will be required for each body part and so the wipe pack will be over in no time.
How do you clean yourself when camping?
An extra set of clothes and water for washing undergarments are required to maintain personal hygiene during camping. If you have access to water, use biodegradable soap and the natural stream water to clean yourself. If not wipes are ideal. However, make sure these wipes are biodegradable so that you do not spoil nature by strewing them around.
Can You Use antibacterial wipes on your body?
Yes. Since such wipes are pH neutral they do not interfere with the skin’s natural protection layer while the emollients moisturize the skin. Thus these wipes are ideal for instant cleaning of hands and body.
If you are planning to go camping having a few adult wipes in your emergency kit is necessary. It’s not possible to enjoy nature, and walk amidst the excellent view if you end up smelling like a carcass. No matter where you are, personal hygiene is crucial and having the wipes helps to that end.